----------------------

All SPAM is filtered and spammers are automatically reported. Go peddle your drugs elsewhere.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 AM

Default Reko-f

In the book Modern Blackjack. The PE. between REKO and REKO-F is excatly the same. At .55. What is the advantage to learning the extra indices with the "F" version if the PE. does not change. The BC. and IC. show no change as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo player View Post
In the book Modern Blackjack. The PE. between REKO and REKO-F is excatly the same. At .55. What is the advantage to learning the extra indices with the "F" version if the PE. does not change. The BC. and IC. show no change as well.
PE, BC and IC are rough estimates of the ability of the count. The methodology makes several assumptions. For example, it assumes a fixed (very large) number of indexes. Simulation is required for an acurate advantage.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
PE, BC and IC are rough estimates of the ability of the count. The methodology makes several assumptions. For example, it assumes a fixed (very large) number of indexes. Simulation is required for an acurate advantage.
I'm sorry for asking this dumb question but... When a sim is ran in CVData is there a way, or how do you compare BC,PE,IC side by side. Maybe I just don't know were to see the exact changes to the new BC,PE,and IC numbers
Old 05-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo player View Post
I'm sorry for asking this dumb question but... When a sim is ran in CVData is there a way, or how do you compare BC,PE,IC side by side. Maybe I just don't know were to see the exact changes to the new BC,PE,and IC numbers
BC, etc., are quicky calculations based only on the Blackjack card counting tag values. They are not needed when you do a sim. Sims are vastly more accurate as they look at all the various parameters, tag values, bets, indexes, cover, etc.