CVIndex Blackjack Index Generator
CVIndex is the CV index generator and a part of CVData.
- In one run, multi-rule strategy files can be generated and used by
CVData, CVCX & CVBJ. That is, strategy tables that include variations
for decks, S17, DAS and ENHC rules. Such a strategy file can be used
by CVBJ to handle all such rules for practice and drills or by CVCX
to create 3,000 sims covering all combinations of these rules, decks
and reasonable penetrations - all in one CVCX run. The point is to avoid
the laborious efforts in running individual generations and sims - instead
fully analyzing a game and placing all the results in one file for future
quick reference. (Not available for RA indexes.)
- Risk-averse index generation does not require that you fill in a table
of standard deviations and advantages for each true count reducing effort
and errors while assuring accuracy for every minor change.
- Auto-sim runs a sim after index generation without human intervention
allowing quick examination of various scenarios.
- You can automatically generate iterative risk-averse indexes (iRA
indexes.) By simply clicking on the Multi-Pass option, a four step process
is performed. First, a pre-sim is executed to determine the advantage
and standard deviation numbers needed for RA generation. Second, indexes
are generated using the first step's output. Next a second sim is executed
using the newly generated index numbers. And fourth, a second index
generation is performed using the revised standard deviation and advantage
numbers to create more accurate risk-averse indexes. If Auto-sim is
selected, a fifth step is added. All five steps take place without any
- For greater accuracy, all index generation removes the dealer and
- For greater accuracy, Halves is supported without doubling the counts.
Doubling can introduce error.
- For greater accuracy, player 16 Surrender indexes can be generated
including or excluding a player hand of two eights.
- For greater accuracy, resplits, normally ignored by index generators,
- Up to 17 composition-dependent indexes can be batched together as
opposed to running them one at a time.
- Composition-dependent indexes can consist of up to five player cards
instead of two.
- True Count calculation can include different deck estimate resolution
by area of the shoe.
- Hit/Stand Composition-dependent indexes can be generated for custom
rules defined by the user.
- CVIndex can also be used to generate strategies for hole-carding,
next-carding and multi-parameter counts.
For full information on CVData, see the CVData Page.
it all together